26 September 2017

Tortellini


The Kitchn is by far my go-to place to find recipes or those basic step-by-steps that I desperately need. I love the pictures of each step and how the directions are so scientifically explained! ;) I hate guessing when it comes to cooking!

I found this Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup recipe on there, but problem... I don't have tortellini. So I did a quick search for homemade tortellini and thekitchn.com was the top result! Yes!! ;D

So the first recipe for the tortellini had a link to the 3-egg pasta dough.
Triple win!

I have three hours till supper needs to be done with some mowing and washing my car in between... I'll be back with picture updates! ;)


........................


Okay, so now that I've had time to recover from the HUGE flour mess in my kitchen, I'll share some pics. ;)




Ironically, the way to keep pasta from drying out while you're working with it is to always have it dusted with flour and always knead on very floured surfaces.



I don't have a pasta roller (nor do I want one... I have a hatred against having too many appliances cluttering up the cabinets). So hand rolling is the only option and it was super hard to get it very thin.


The result: HUGE tortellinis that were more like dumplings filled with cheese ;)
But Tyrel liked the soup really well, so maybe if I get a better hand at tortellini I'll be making again. Otherwise, I may modify it with some regular boughten pasta. 


We also had a loaf of fresh bread. I'm loving my bread maker so much! Especially since Tyrel's lunch is always sandwiches and he likes homemade just fine for sandwiches. :)


-MarLeahJoy

1 comment: