13 July 2026

Family Photos September 2025

 This was my desperate attempt to get some snapshots of us as a family in 2025. 

I particularly wanted to take them in a field with mountains in the background and a nice summertime feel to it (no leaves turning brown). So one September evening after church service (when we were already in coordinating clothes) I took my one-shot attempt to fulfill everything I wanted about these photos before it turned fall here.

That’s was definitely some pretty high expectations to put on my tripod-and-remote family session of us. Especially considering it was 8pm and we were rushing to find the right location. For the amount of ideals I had for this, I should have at least given it some more thought and preparation. Yet, I will be easy on myself, because we were in the middle of a huge shop remodeling project. 


Honestly, I wanted them to be "better" than what it turned out to be. Our little session ended pretty soon as the light became too dim, and I was pretty disappointed and frustrated. 


I came back to edited them many months later. I found that with the passing of time and cooling of emotions (and if I could look past the grainy quality), that I really fell in love with these little photos of my family. 

Mostly because I love seeing the interactions and personalities of my two boys forever captured on a summery field in our mountains. ❤️

But also, I came to love them so much because they are IMPERFECT! When all you want is perfect, and you plan and execute to reach perfection — you don’t appreciate all you have so much. However, with these normal, natural, imperfect photos, I feel that I will forever cherish just the fact that we have them! 🥰















Definitely on the top list of my favorites! 



This is they're typical: Link instigating some wrestling, and Rhett holding it together, until breaking and joining in. :P





-MarLeahJoy

No comments:

Post a Comment