29 March 2018

I’ve been getting an adventure bug lately. But with everything to do at home and on the job, it takes away my desire to go find a nice hiking trail or plan a camping weekend for the spring. 

It’s been a burning inside me. And like I said, practicality adds to the fire and says “there’s no way with everything going on that you’ll ever have a time for a little solitary outing in nature.” 😌

But, the snow is melted today and the Lord aligned all the stars to bless me with a little “outing” today. 

We were driving to the job site today and there was a beautiful fog all around! I just soaked up all the beauty! ❤️ And I even managed to take a picture while we were driving. Tyrel knew I wouldn’t get my window rolled down in time, so he slowed down for me. ☺️




Then, a car passed us that had Arkansas license plates. And yes, they are known to be fast drivers in AR and this person was zipping along as well. Oddly enough, I had a strange connection to that car... it brought me back to Missouri for a few seconds. ☺️

So two years ago (this Easter Sunday) I took a backpacking trip in Arkansas with a good friend from church. We accidentally planned it over Easter weekend (oopsie), but it was the only weekend that worked for both of us. That was my first time (and long anticipated) backpacking trip. Needless to say it was amazing... and I think back to it often, wondering when I’ll do it again.

But back to reality....
We got to the job this morning, and I stepped out of the truck hearing a babbling stream running down the mountain side! 💗 The weather was surprisingly warm (for West Virginia!), and we were in woods that seemed just like the fond memories I carry of that backpacking trip in Arkansas. Only... it’s actually prettier here than that weekend in the Ozarks! There’s more green here with the moss, occasional evergreen tree, and the mountain laurel.  😍

I’ve been learning to be grateful for these opportunities to come to work with Tyrel and enjoy the little “hikes” I get in this beautiful mountain land! Somehow in my head it’s not quite been the same as hiking a long distance to find the reward of a beautiful stream or waterfall. So I’m trying to learn to think about it differently. And even though we drove here and all we had to do was walk through a gate, and even though I’m carrying around a chain saw and not my backpacking pack... I’m still getting to enjoy the beautiful landscape and new sights! ☺️

And today I feel so thankful for alllllllllllllll of that! But mostly for a new outlook on life!










Styling my new hat that I embroidered last night! 💪🏼 I was so glad to learn that my 4”x4” embroidery hoop would work with hats! 😄😄 So now we shall all be decked out with “Beverage Farm” gear! ☺️


Later, I realized that you couldn’t see the hat in those pics, duh. So here you go! :)





-MarLeahJoy


1 comment: