20 January 2018

I've struggled with wanting to get back on Instagram so badly right now. 

It started out at the beginning of January feeling like my life is so boring. I know it's not true, and I'm sure it has a lot to do with just coming out of the busy holiday season into the cold of winter. 

So I've decided that basically what sharing on Instagram does for me is expressing to other people what makes me happy. I don't do that enough on my blog so here it is.


After coming back from our weekend at Heather's place I was challenged to try to use things that I already have to decorate. 
And I got a quick decor inspiration I got for our bedroom. Yay!!

Before

It's so easy for me to not decorate until I think all the ducks are in a row... Like having the perfect paint on the wall, the right furniture and buying decor. So all our bedroom has had is a framed picture Tyrel had in his old bedroom ;P and a salt lamp that I got for Christmas.

After

The other day at TJ Maxx I found those string globe lights on clearance. :D
Then this morning I cleaned up the corrosion out of the battery compartment for the "&" sign. Yay, it works! I brought an old suitcase down from the attic, painted the frame Tyrel had with gold spray paint, painted a fast little sign... (I'm going to need to make another one, I'm not impressed with my penmanship :P), grabbed a picture from the wedding decor and my engagement watch. And Lastly I switched lamps. You can see the mason jar lamp better in the next picture.



:)


Then during this week -- what made me happy was getting to go to work with Tyrel while he cleared brush... and I got to hike through the beautiful snowy woods by a stream.











I literally felt like I was walking around in Narnia. :)





I walked out across this log and Gimpy wanted to come too... ;) I wish you could hear the stream below us that was babbling! It was such a beautiful sound!



*happy sigh* ☺️


-MarLeahJoy




2 comments: