22 January 2018


"Thank you Lord for your blessings on me..."🎶


This was the video I was talking about in the last post of the babbling stream running below us :)



"Now I know I'm not wealthy, and these clothes, they're not new;
I don't have much money, but Lord I have you.
And to me that's all that matters, though the world cannot see;
Thank you Lord, for your blessings on me!"

But actually today I am wearing new clothes, and by most standards I am wealthy... how easily we take it all for granted. I have a wonderful house with a porch that I can sit on in the mornings... and this morning I'm thankful for the birds chirping and the warmer weather. (Well it felt warm to me until I looked at the temperature and realized it was actually about 35*F) ;)



There's a song in our church hymnal titled "One Thing I Can Do."
All of that is so true, but this morning it just struck me as the "one thing I can do" as being thankful!
Maybe I can't change my emotions right now, but I can sure choose to not focus on them if they are causing me to struggle!



-MarLeahJoy




1 comment:

  1. Hello MarLeah Cole. I am a PASTOR from Mumbai, India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am also blessed and feel privileged and honored to get connected with you as well as know you and about your sister and your interest in Photography. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 38 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. we also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. we would love to have you and your sister come to Mumbai to work with us during your vacation time. I am sure you will have a life changing experience. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends as well as wishing you a blessed and a Christ centered New year.

    ReplyDelete