05 November 2015

Currently...


I tend to think of Fall as a relaxed season of my life. Wrong! I am now thinking that winter is probably the most relaxed because I tend to stay in from the cold, don't have so many events to travel to, and certainly don't have a million and one photo sessions to shoot and edit!!!! Hehehe!
I'm not trying to be cynical, because I really do enjoy taking and editing portraits... but I've just been sooo busyyyyy. Lol. I'll give you a sneak peek of what I've been working on. 

And this isn't the end yet. I have two senior shoots this weekend. BUT... those should be the end :)
Then I'll have just a ton of stuff to share. And hopefully after that, I can relax back into some video editing :)


{Tessa Senior 2016}


{Elwell Girls}


{Drew Senior 2016}


{Darren and Kate Engaged}


Another "current" thing in my life I shared about a few blog posts back: learning contentment.
To be honest... contentment isn't the whole key word of what I've been dealing with lately. You could call it extreme agitation and frustration towards circumstances that I've been trying to commit to the Lord, but not completely letting go of. One night last weekend, I came to a breaking point where I couldn't stand the fear of knowing that things most likely would never work out as I would love for them to.
 I had been feeling justified and entitled to my own will because it was simply the natural thing for my personality to want. While talking with my mom over these things, she shared something that was so hard to swallow. She told me that I need to ask the Lord for a new vision on the situation. I don't think I went to bed that night asking for a new vision. I didn't want to see it any other way, but when I awoke Sunday morning... I was embracing the idea a little more. I opened my bible and it fell to Acts 22, which was a beautiful re-iterated some of the same instruction that my mom had already given me.

10 And I said, What shall I do, Lord? And the Lord said unto me, Arise, and go into Damascus; and there it shall be told thee of all things which are appointed for thee to do. 11 And when I could not see for the glory of that light, being led by the hand of them that were with me, I came into Damascus. 12 And one Ananias, a devout man according to the law, having a good report of all the Jews which dwelt there, 13 Came unto me, and stood, and said unto me, Brother Saul, receive thy sight. And the same hour I looked up upon him. 14 And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth.

Those verses have been my "rock to stand on" this week! ☺︎ 

-MarLeahJoy


I will arise and follow you over
Savior please, pilot me
Over the waves and through every sorrow
Savior please, pilot me
When I have no more strength left to follow
May your sun rise and lead me on
Over the sea’s, savior pilot me
Fall on my knees, pilot me



No comments:

Post a Comment