31 August 2017

Random Happiness!

Y'all! 16 days from the wedding and I finally got this door project done that's been in the works for a year! πŸ˜†
You can see in these links to old posts where I was working on this door in March and where we stripped the bay window for the room last October. Proof that I have indeed let this project be drawn out for waaayyy too long!
In my defense, I've had a few obstacles with the wood molding when some paint stripper must have soaked in too much. 😳
But ya know what?! It's done now and it feels amazing that I did all the work myself. 
Stripped several OLD layers of paint off, bleached the wood, sanded, stained, and "polyed" it! πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ



Another random thing that makes me happy... 
My friends came up over last weekend and helped me string lights for the reception and we worked up the strawberries to serve at the wedding! 
(Their help was amazing!!!)
But...
There was a lot of extra juice left, so I made a tiny batch of jelly and canned a few jars of delicious strawberry juice for our new home. ☺️



So glad today has been a productive day! But Thursday's have always been productive for me. I LOVE Thursdays!! πŸ€“

-MarLeahJoy


No comments:

Post a Comment