06 June 2013

Peanut Butter Banana Cups

These little things are my current and constant craving! I made them last summer off of a healthier recipe and
 modified it to suit me, so here is my version of the recipe.

The full recipe without pictures is also at the end of the post.



























Start out with one banana and slice it into approx. 1/4 inch slices. (I ended up using another 1/2 of a banana,
 but I would just start with one)


In a small bowl mix 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter, 1/4 cup honey, 1 cup powdered sugar, 3/4 teaspoon 
vanilla, and 2 teaspoons of coconut oil.

If the oil is solid, you will need to melt it first. Mine was pretty soft, so I just mixed it in.
Also, Virgin Coconut oil has a stronger flavor than Refined Coconut oil -- I personally like the virgin)


























In a mini muffin tray drop a small scoop of the peanut butter mixture.


























Place a banana slice on top and cover with more peanut butter mixture and smooth the top to seal the edges.

Freeze until they are set (I just do it overnight), and store in the freezer.




























Peanut Butter Banana Cups

Yields: Approx. 16 cups
  • 1-2 bananas
  • 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1 cup powdered sugar (or desired sweetness)
  • 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 teaspoons coconut oil soft of melted (virgin for taste, refined for not taste)
  1. Cut the banana into 1/4 inch slices.
  2. Mix all remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
  3. Drop a small amount of peanut butter mixture into each cup of a mini muffin tray.
  4. Place a slice of banana on top.
  5. Cover completely with more peanut butter mixture.
  6. Place in the freezer to set. (I normally leave it overnight)
  7. Store in freezer.
Enjoy!
-MarLeahJoy





No comments:

Post a Comment