05 April 2013

A Rural Planet

Here's another one of those famous photos that I mentally told myself
I would have to do someday. Well, it's done. I made a "planet" out 
of a landscape. 

Rural Planet

I used my own combination of two tutorials here and here.

This is the image I used. I just cropped it so that the horizon was centered. Then I mirrored a little on the right side.


Then I scaled the image to be square.
















Before you apply the polar coordinate filter, you have to flip it 180.
Then you still have to brush up the harsh line where the two sides of
the image met.

I'm going to be honest... I'm just a little bit proud of myself. Maybe
because I kind of doubted that I would ever do it.
Or maybe because I haven't really had a class in Photoshop and I'm
actually finding my way around enough to do something like this on
my own. Blah, blah, blah.... whatever! I'll just give Alyssa credit for
teaching me everything I know on Photoshop. :)

-MarLeahJoy

1 comment:

  1. okay, I might have taught you some photoshop, but I didn't teach you this. Awesome picture! you're finding your way around, I'd say. :)

    ReplyDelete