12 May 2014

A Little Life


Today I woke up bright and early for my new job :) I'm so happy that I finally have something to make me responsible and go to bed at a decent time, because I had developed a pretty bad case night-owl-ism over the past year. And I just couldn't break it no matter how hard I tried to. So every week day and every other Saturday I have to be there at 7:15 to open. And the little procedure we have of opening the bank is all so official and professional. Haha. I love it! :)
I got off a little early today because the teller that I was shadowing took an earlier lunch break, so I changed clothes and hit the trails! :) 

These are all just cell phone pics because sometimes I just want to enjoy nature and not be wrapped up in taking photos, but I always end up wanting to take some anyway so I just have to get some snaps with my phone.
That little place with the pool is a peaceful spot that's actually not too far back in the woods. I like seeing it, but I'm always too ready to keep going to spend much time there. 
And then you follow the green, grassy path :) but beware of ticks. (I think I probably picked at least 50 ticks off of myself :/ during the whole 2 hours I was there - of course)


I had taken some new trails and I had absolutely no idea where I was for a good 45minutes, but I just kept going. And I ran into some pretty diverse trails and old buildings. And I actually hit the very back edge of the trails where the land is fenced off. I knew that if I kept taking new trails it would eventually dump me back somewhere that I recognized -- whether that was 3 hours later or just within minutes.
The picture I took above was a field that normally has horses in it, and I had been down there at least twice, so I was finally back in the area I knew a little better. Even though I wasn't really too worried about how "lost" I was, it was kind of a relief to know where I was again. But I wouldn't trade the adventure and newness of the trails for the comfort of knowing where you are.


And then I just decided to take a straight path back to my car, so I just followed this clearing for the electric lines instead of going back into the woods.

Someone built a little rock house for a little rodent or something ;)


When I got back to my car, I saw this thing on my windshield from a distance and I was like "I'm pretty sure I had no reason to get a parking ticket... Ha!" But it turned out it was a little note from my cousin who was likely passing by on his way home and saw my car.

On the subject of work though, I'm ready to start another day tomorrow! I can't wait until I can actually do my job on my own instead of following someone around, though.
-MarLeah Joy

6 comments:

  1. Yay! You got your car back! And yay about the new job! And these are such cute pics for them to be taken with your phone!! For real! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did!!!! In time for my first day at work :D
      Haha, well you probably wouldn't have thought that if I wouldn't have edited them... it's kind of funny to be editing cell phone pics in Lightroom, but it kind of works :P

      Delete
  2. Yay for the new job! Hope your first week has gone well. I ended up with tick bites a couple of years ago and ended up with really swollen ankles. It was funny because I self diagnosed from something I'd seen on the TV and when I got to the doctors the GP had to get a second opinion because although he agreed with me as to what it was, he'd never seen a live case and so didn't want to misdiagnose - he got a nurse to come in and they both looked at my ankle and the bites, looked in a textbook one of them had picked up and then looked back at my ankle. Thankfully antibiotics was enough but taught me to be careful when kneeling in the grass on an agricultural showground!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, my first week really went great and it has even started to be fun :)
      Wow, that sounds like quite the ordeal. :/ Oo, yeah... I'm sure you never know what you could pick up at a showground!

      Delete
  3. Your testimony Wednesday night has caused me to pray more earnestly for you. - Ed Wilson

    ReplyDelete