06 February 2014

Texture of the Slopes


Texture of the Slopes, a photo by MarLeah Joy on Flickr. Click on the image to view in high resolution!
I'm just now starting to feel a little more recovered from that ski trip (after sleeping for 12 hours after I got home). Ha! I don't think I mentioned yet that I actually took a jump on my skis. It was totally unintentional. I was going down the terrain part and I would cut back and forth so that I approached the top of the jumps slowly. Then I would just tip over the edge and begin cutting again so that I wasn't going too fast for the next jump. Well, it all went great the first time I did it. :D I got up to some exhilarating speeds and went over several jumps without actually taking any air. The second time I went down the terrain park, however... Hahaha! ...I was approaching the second jump a little too fast and my skis caught and I did the "pizza" as I went over the hill. So I ended up catching a little bit of air... a lot of air. I didn't land it, of course, so my skis flew off, and I had to climb back up the hill to retrieve the skis and poles. I came out of it with only a bruise, so I'm happy that I got to "have some fun" and venture out without killing myself. ;)

-MarLeahJoy

No comments:

Post a Comment