22 February 2014

Theresa


Theresa, a photo by MarLeah Joy on Flickr. Click on the image to view in high resolution!
When I joined the photography club at Crowder they told me about an event in the Ramsey center in Joplin where photographers and models could come and interact with each other. Immediately I wanted to go, but as the date drew nearer I started getting butterflies like I do with every new photography opportunity. Somehow I got this notion that the models would be dressed up in really funky stuff and all of the other photographers wouldn't let others use their equipment.
Well, some of the models did wear some weird stuff, but they also changed and obviously you can choose who you want to shoot.
Theresa was the first person I shot and she was so kind. And even that is an understatement. :)
This picture was shot with natural lighting, but I actually shot most of the pictures of her with another photographer's umbrella and softbox lighting. He was a Nikon user, but the hot-shoe still connected to my camera. :D
Everyone there was extremely nice, and I'm not sure if I had more fun taking pictures or just talking to other photographers who willingly let me try out their lenses.
So there is another experience that should prove to me that being around new people and doing new things is not horrifying, but actually fun. Yet, the next time something else comes up, I'll probably still have all of these annoying thoughts run through by head again. :P

-MarLeahJoy

No comments:

Post a Comment