02 April 2014

"Here, Fishy"


I was at the fish hatchery yesterday for a few reasons. They have a photo contest going on until June 9th where you submit photos that you have taken there, so I wanted to check it out. But also, I haven't been there since I can ever remember so I wanted to just go and explore it. It was kind of sprinkling and so the fish were jumping out of the water and just being pretty lively, so I was like "Man! I wish I would be able to take a picture of one of them jumping!" But the pond was so big that there would be no way I could predict where they would jump. I started to head towards my car, but on the way there I saw a little sign that said "Free Fish Food". Awesome! So I got some and started throwing it out in handfuls into the water nearby, set my camera on high-speed continuous and fired away.

So sometimes I wish I had a full-frame censored camera, but then I remember the fast frame rate mine has and then it's all good ;) I think I can deal with having to buy lower millimeter lenses for the ability to capture fast action things...

-MarLeahJoy

4 comments:

  1. Very cool!! How many pics did you take to get those?! I love that you can see the SPOTS on the fish! So clear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I didn't even count... I'm sure it was somewhere in the hundreds though. Ha!

      Delete
  2. These are SO good! color, DOF, and motion :) I remembered the ones I tried to get...none of them were very focused. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I actually left it on manual focus and tried to throw the food to the spot on the water that I had in focus. I didn't always work perfect, but it worked for a few shots!

      Delete